On 01 August 2019 Minister Hipkins announced the Government’s decision on the Reform of Vocational Education. Minister Hipkins says this announcement will commence the next stage of the Government’s move towards a “unified vocational education system”.
- RoVE ITO update - 26 September 2019
- WDC Presentation for ITOs - 26 September 2019
- Vocational education reform Bill introduced
- RoVE next steps summary - 22 August 2019
- Executive Director of NZIST announced
- Key messages
- Industry Q and As - 1 August 2019
- Learner Q and As - 1 August 2019
- Schools Q and As - 1 August 2019
- Provider Q and As - 1 August 2019
- Competenz media release
- Information for trainees and apprentices
- Summary of changes
- Detailed summary of changes
- Competenz submission to the proposed reform - April 2019
- Vocational Education Reform Establishment Board announced by Minister
- Fiona Kingsford Newstalk ZB interview with Kerre McIvor
What you need to know:
If you're an apprentice or trainee
- In the short term, you'll continue your training; however at some point before December 2022, support for your learning will come from a different organisation.
If you're an employer currently with apprentices or trainees
- In the short term, continue to have a relationship with your current ITO; however, at some point before December 2022, a different organisation will be providing this support.